Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Faking It

So I finally bought the domain for amandarants.com, but I can't use it yet because I bought it with another email address other than the one used for this blog.

It's been almost two years, but after my freshman year at VCU I didn't get any of the internships I had applied for so to make some extra money I decided to start removing wallpaper. My sister had just moved into a house covered in it and I found that I was quite efficient at removing it. I created an email address for this endeavor, and somewhere down the line it became associated with this blog instead of my primary email address. Though whenever I try to create a new blog with my primary email address it won't let because Blogger still thinks that it's associated with this blog.

So, I did end up getting an internship with WashingtonPost.com's Going Out Guide, and the wallpaper removal thing never happened, and I would like to delete that email address but am afraid to considering the circumstance.

In case you were unaware having multiple email accounts become complicated especially when you don't check all of them regularly. I counted, I have six, or seven? Not totally sure. Why do I have so many? Not sure about that either because there are really only four that I use, the one for this blog, the one for school, my personal email address and my "professional" email address.

I spent most of yesterday trying to get things configured, called my computer nerd friends, and wracked my brain trying to work it all out. It's a slow going process, but I'm learning things that will probably be useful in the future. This is my attempt at being tech savvy - I'm not, but I'm going to pretend.

No comments: