Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hipster Love

Last night was my first Brightest Young Things event. I spent most of my time dancing in the foyer with Will and taking money from people, and giving them wristbands.

The music was good, though the acoustics weren't. The pictures and art were splendid. The people were having a good time. Jesse Bishop (the one and only) was the MC, The Dance Party did their usual diddy ( I happen to love that diddy, but last night they were not at their best), the Apes were fantastic as were Plants and Animals.

All in all it was a blast. I don't have any pictures, but there will certainly be some up on the site, if not today then tomorrow.

My only complaint about last night was that there wasn't food. I trekked (all two blocks) to McDonalds to get my sugar back up. On my way there I passed Ibiza. If you don't know what that place is, that's great news for you. I had only heard about it, until last night, when I saw the ridiculously long line in front. I am very happy to say that I am not keen on waiting in lines, and if only all those people knew what was happening only a block down the road and how much more fun they would have - if only, or not.

I also believe that if I did make it into a club like Ibiza or Fur, I would most certainly get kicked out because I am a horrible dancer. On the other hand, black men seem to like me,so maybe I'd get to stay and one would kindly teach me how to dance. I had three very large, very intimidating, black men hit on me last night. One was at McDonalds, and two of the security guards at the BYT bash. I'm glad I have a decent sense of humor and could take it lightly.

There was on security guard in particular though, I think his name was Jerry(?) who did not hit on me, but was the bouncer. He laughed at me and Will's dancing skillz (or lack thereof) and ate my fries.

It was a hipster breeding ground. Never will you see so many in one place as you will at a BYT event.

No comments: