Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Four Days

I am a terrible roommate in that I am really particular about everything. I am getting better though, now I wait a couple of days before mentioning the dirty saucepan that may or may not still be on the stove. My roommate is a far better person than I am, but she doesn't notice anything. Ever.

This is why I'm a bad person: I sometimes will not do dishes or leave messes in hopes that she will notice.

This past weekend, I didn't do dishes for FOUR DAYS. And then, after FOUR DAYS, she complained to me that they were starting to smell. I did them. But the smell is still there. I have searched for rotting things, there were none to be found. The trash has been taken out. The smell is still there. She tried cleaning the disposal, and nothing.

I told my sister and she says that something has died in out plaster walls. I have several friends who have had this happen to them, and it wouldn't surprise me at all. Someone should just burn all these buildings down and start over. And then rebuild them exactly as they were, but you know, with modern materials. And double-paned windows. And multiple cabinets in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Avo said...

"Four days was all she wrote, a kind of ultimatum note"
Not sure that being human makes you bad. Or at least no worse than humanity... Oh the humanity of it.

Pavel said...

I'm very particular about thing too. Especially food. How to place plates, salt-cellar, pepper-box etc. And of course - no crumbles!!!