Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

HACK!

I am sick. My body couldn't even make through a whole month of college before it decided to get sick. I have sinusitis, yeah, that's a real illness. It's the best kind because it takes all of the most lovely ailments having to do with your head and puts them all together. So, right now my tonsils are huge, and I mean huge because while they're abnormally large and no one will take them out, they manage to become the size of golfballs when I'm sick. I also have a headache, as in my entire head is throbbing. My ears and neck are sore. I can feel the mucus running down my throat, but when I go to blow my nose or gargle, nothing comes. Instead I get to cough phlegmballs at my bodies request, i.e. whenever it wants to.

I can breath through my nose, that's nice. But the only way I can relieve any of the sinus pressure is by using nose spray. FUN! FUN! FUN!

I've had this three times in the last year. Last October, last November and this past February. It wasn't until that third time that they got the diagnosis right. And they gave me an IV and I almost died. Man, that was scary. I mean having a needle in my arm is scary. And all these times I had my blood drawn. The first two times I was treated by military doctors, and let me tell you, they suck. Not because they're in the military, but because they didn't run enough tests or believe me when I told them that I didn't have mono or strep, but ran those tests, and when they came out negative told me to take IB profen for the fever.

You know, I understand that doctors are supposed to be the ones "in charge" of making the diagnosis. But I'll tell you what, I am someone that has had strep throat enough times in my life to know when I have it. I've never had mono, but I've done my research just to make sure I don't have it. And all these people always wanted to test for those two instead of just taking my word for it. Guess who was right. I was! And guess what else, they like to waste my time by running those tests anyway.

I really hope I can just go tomorrow to the student health clinic, tell them what I have, have them write me a prescription for augmentin, and be on my way.

I am currently at my sister's and completely broke, well not completely but I don't want to spend my savings. Yesterday I was excited that she came to pick me up. I had been anticipating at least one cash tip yesterday, but nothing came. So i had three of those fruit cups of mandarin oranges and three mini candy bars prior to her picking me up. Once we got back to her place, her brother-in-law and his galpal made dinner, it was goodish, but t hey put bacon in the pasta and didn't use very much sauce. But who cares, because I ate food, the real kind. With nutrients. The kind that fills you up instead of giving you a headache or makes you crave more - the candy bars. And what's even nicer is that I'm staying here all day, so I get to have more read food. HURRAY! I get paid on Tuesday, I'm excited.

As I write this I'm listening to the soundtrack to "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist." I'm very excited about this movie. I have a feeling I will be able to relate to it in a lot of ways. The soundtrack is wonderful, I've seen a few of those bands live, and Brightest Young Things has interviewed most of them. While I love this music, I don't love sharing it. And I'm not excited about all the high school girls who will see this movie and then show up at all these shows in the future. Guys, I'm really worried about this. I don't know how much more I can take of the lowlier human forms taking notice of my favorite bands. I should probably be excited for all the bands that are having their songs used in this movie, I mean it's huge for them. And I'm all for supporting musicians, I spend hundreds of dollars each year doing just that, but I think good music is like buying a great pair of jeans at Marshall's, you have to dig for it. Once you know where to dig, you continue to discover great finds. I hate seeing them just handed over when people haven't worked for it a little bit.

I'll just go over here and pout by myself.

No comments: