Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

flushed down the drain


Have you ever recieved an invitation to a group on Facebook titled "I lost all my phone numbers..." ? Yeah, me too. But that's not my problem. I like all of those people dropped my phone in the toilet. Well, actually, it feel out of the torn pocket of my hoodie. And I usually keep my phone in my pant's pocket, but of course today I didn't, and of course this happened. Ugh.

After I retrieved it, and rather quickly I may add, I dried it off with a paper towel and then rinsed it off with a damp one, AND THEN I took it apart and used a blow drier to make sure it was really, really dry. I called my roommate to make sure that it still worked, and it did, but then it didn't as well. So I quickly jotted down all of my numbers in my address book, you know, just in case.

Well, THANK BABY JESUS, because now my keyboard isn't operational. My phone will still turn on and off and the time is still correct, but that is the only key that works. I'm hoping that this is a temporary thing, but I doubt it and I'm going to get it checked out tomorrow.

This is ridiculous, it's like having a sick child. I am at a complete loss. I'm mostly upset that I've lost all my text messages because THAT IS HOW PATHETICALLY SENTIMENTAL I AM. But there's nothing I can do about it now, and I suppose this isn't a horrible thing, and I will totally get over it. Totally.

No comments: