Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fuck America's Financial Student Assitance

So, last semester I was able to pay for everything, no problem. Then this semester happened and work was slow, and I did not make as much money as I was hoping to. So, what's a girl to do? She fills out a billion forms on FAFSA and then wait for them to get processed and then get told that my dad hasn't electronically cosigned after waiting the ten days. So then I call him and tell him he didn't sign and he didn't relize he didn't do that. Then I go to the financial aid office every two days to see if it's processed. Finally I get to see a financial aid counselor who tells me I need to call FAFSA. So I do that and they tell me that my dad has STILL NOT COSIGNED. And then I get really angry because I think that he forgot. But he didn't and he got a confirmation number the first time, but he signs with his pin number again. I call FAFSA again and they say that it went through this time. Which is great, but it should have gone through over a week ago and now I have to wait another week and all the old ladies at the financial aid office keep giving me shit about waiting so long, BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT! THIS ALL SHOULD HAVE PROCESSED AND I SHOULD HAVE HAD MY MONEY OVER A WEEK AGO! And now because it's taken so long, I might not get anything, and I missed my last bio quiz because I was dealing with all of this and thought that it closed tomorrow at noon and not today at noon.

This semester has been way worse than last semester academically, and not because I have a huge balance in my account I can't even register for classes for the fall. I may have to go to the community college for a semester to chill out and let everything get sorted out at VCU. Ugh, I am so not feeling it. Actually with the way things are going I probably won't be able to do that right now either, and I'm probably not going to get to Europe unless I somehow start making more money. I am picking up more hours in a couple weeks, and hopefully people will need wall paper removed?

At least Richmond is cheap. And I think this is what rock bottom is supposed to feel like, but I"m nineteen and while I know you're supposed to be poor in college, but really? I can't help feel left out of the loop when my best friend is studying abroad in Paris and another's parents pay for their school, and spring-break trip to Montreal and will be paying for them to go to beach week, and another who goes to school in New York City and doesn't work...I mean my parents to do help me out, but it's help, it's not everything, and I resent the fact that they help me out at all.

I wish I could be content going to school and not having a life outside of it, but I'm not, so this summer I'm going to try and at least be content in Richmond.

No comments: