Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

nineteen-year-old-girl-code

I think it's funny when I see dudes out with girls my age, that have given me or others shit, or complained about my accompanying others among themselves. It's this certain feeling of rightness, like dude, really? And you hate me because why? Oh, that's right, because you're a prick.

And of course my Favorite Person always sees me, but first avoids eye contact. FP will not look me in the eye for a good fifteen second. FP will look at everything around me, whether or not there are people. FP will then finally make eye contact and act surprised, as though they did not realize I had already said hello. We will then exchange polite small talk until one of us dismiss ourselves from the situation by claiming to meet someone or having something else to do. FP and I have many mutual friends and aquaintances, but FP has always maintained their distance. As a result, I find these awkward encounters amusing, while they seem more and more uncomfortable with each one.


No comments: